Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 419 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray two 8-inch pans with cooking spray and lightly flour sides and bottoms.
- Mix cake mix, water, egg whites, and oil in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Divide batter between pans.
- Bake cakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on wire racks, about 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Mix vanilla frosting, whipped topping, and grated lemon peel together in a bowl.
- Place 1 cake on a serving plate, coat with 1/2 the frosting, arrange raspberries on top. Cover with the second cake and frost completely.
- Cook's Notes:
- After cooling, the layers can be tightly plastic-wrapped and frozen to make frosting easier.
- When frosting, fill the gap between the two layers with extra frosting as needed.
- Use any remaining raspberries to decorate the top of the cake.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making the cake layers are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 419 calories; 19.1 g fat; 59.6 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 333 mg sodium. Full nutrition