Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 646
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 layer cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease four 9-inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and butter in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in 1 cup flour. Beat in 1/2 cup milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk, beating briefly after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix in vanilla extract.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared cake pans. Smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool cakes in the pans for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and sliced strawberries together in a large bowl. Spread evenly between the cooled cake layers.
- Frost top and sides of cake with whipped topping. Decorate top of cake with whole strawberries and mint leaves.
You might also like
Per Serving: 646 calories; 35.1 77.7 7.9 121 568 Full nutrition