Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 646 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 layer cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease four 9-inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and butter in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in 1 cup flour. Beat in 1/2 cup milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk, beating briefly after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix in vanilla extract.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared cake pans. Smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool cakes in the pans for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and sliced strawberries together in a large bowl. Spread evenly between the cooled cake layers.
- Frost top and sides of cake with whipped topping. Decorate top of cake with whole strawberries and mint leaves.
Per Serving: 646 calories; 35.1 g fat; 77.7 g carbohydrates; 7.9 g protein; 121 mg cholesterol; 568 mg sodium. Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question