0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 h 40 m servings 439
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 1/2 cups horchata)
- Soak rice in water in a large pot, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Drain the water into a medium, 2-quart pitcher.
- Blend rice and cinnamon in a blender or food processor, until pasty and rice is well-broken. Transfer rice paste in the water. Let stand 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the rice water through a fine sieve or cheesecloth into a large, 3-quart pitcher. Add sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon sticks; stir briefly. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Stir in coconut rum and spiced rum until flavors are well-mixed.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 cup coconut milk for the rum if desired. You can use coconut-flavored rum or spiced rum.
- Chill with ice if serving the same day.
Per Serving: 439 calories; 5.4 57.2 7.9 20 89 Full nutrition