Shrimp de Jonghe II
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 516 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large pot, combine water, onion, celery, bay leaves, and 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Bring the liquid to a boil and add the unshelled shrimp. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove the pot from the heat. Let shrimp cool in the liquid. Drain the shrimp and shell and devein them.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter with an electric hand mixer or whisk, and thoroughly blend in the bread crumbs and sour cream. Slowly beat in the parsley, crushed garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, black pepper and juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Arrange the shrimp in the bottom of 6 (5 ounce) ramekins and cover them with the butter mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops are lightly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 516 calories; 35.8 g fat; 16.6 g carbohydrates; 33 g protein; 325 mg cholesterol; 1114 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Very Nice!! I did not add the steak sauce, and used pre-cooked shrimp. Quick and easy.