Chinese Toffee Apple Fritters
made it | 0 reviews |
"This dessert is a wonderful change from banana fritters. Apple chunks are fried in batter, then coated in caramel and sprinkled with sesame seeds."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients26 m servings 439 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pour flour into a shallow bowl. Dredge apple chunks in flour.
- Mix cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water thoroughly in a small bowl. Mix in egg.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C). Dip apple chunks in the cornstarch mixture; cook in the hot oil until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Combine sugar, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, and remaining 1 teaspoon water in a separate saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until sugar melts, turns light golden, and starts to bubble, 8 to 10 minutes. Mix in fried apple chunks until evenly coated with caramel.
- Transfer caramel-coated apple chunks to a large serving dish; lift with chopsticks to separate and create sugar threads. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Per Serving: 439 calories; 17.3 g fat; 69.6 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 20 mg sodium. Full nutrition