Empanadas de Tomate, Queso, y Albahaca (Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Empanadas)
"Vegetarian empanadas are ideal for those on a vegetarian diet, or for those just wishing to cut down on their meat intake. These empanadas have a delightful filling of mozzarella, tomato and fresh basil, making them light yet filling and a tasty, easy option for feeding family and friends."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 186
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 empanadas)
- Combine tomatoes and basil in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Mix in mozzarella cheese and olive oil. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Let marinate at room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Arrange pastry discs on a flat work surface. Dab a little water around the rims. Place a large tablespoonful of the tomato mixture in the center; fold pastry over and press with a fork to seal.
- Transfer empanadas to the prepared baking trays. Brush mustard over tops; sprinkle sesame seeds over mustard.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Use the mustard of your choice.
Per Serving: 186 calories; 7.4 22.7 8.6 13 356 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1