Empanadas de Tomate, Queso, y Albahaca (Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Empanadas)
"Vegetarian empanadas are ideal for those on a vegetarian diet, or for those just wishing to cut down on their meat intake. These empanadas have a delightful filling of mozzarella, tomato and fresh basil, making them light yet filling and a tasty, easy option for feeding family and friends."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 186
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 empanadas)
- Combine tomatoes and basil in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Mix in mozzarella cheese and olive oil. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Let marinate at room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Arrange pastry discs on a flat work surface. Dab a little water around the rims. Place a large tablespoonful of the tomato mixture in the center; fold pastry over and press with a fork to seal.
- Transfer empanadas to the prepared baking trays. Brush mustard over tops; sprinkle sesame seeds over mustard.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use the mustard of your choice.
- Get the recipe for Authentic Empanada Pastry Dough. You can make it ahead of time and keep the dough rounds in the freezer until you're ready to use them.
Per Serving: 186 calories; 7.4 22.7 8.6 13 356 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1