Grilled Buttermilk Chicken
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 193
Original recipe yields 16 servings (4 pounds)
- Whisk buttermilk, hot sauce, salt, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, pepper, and sugar in a bowl until salt is dissolved.
- Place chicken in a large stockpot. Add buttermilk mixture and toss until each chicken thigh is evenly coated.
- Place chicken in resealable bags; squeeze the air out. Marinate in the refrigerator, 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill chicken, turning occasionally, until grill marks form, about 5 minutes per side.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- These chicken thighs can be pan fried as well. If you double or triple the recipe, do not triple the amount of salt; just add an extra teaspoon or two. Adjust red pepper flakes to your taste.
Per Serving: 193 calories; 11.9 1 19.3 71 552 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This chicken was a huge hit with my family and it's an easy recipe. I only did a couple of things differently: I used a teaspoon each of salt and red pepper flakes instead of the tablespoon of...