Mock Chicken Patties
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients38 m servings 179
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 patties)
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add onion and celery, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place tofu and water in a blender or food processor. Pulse briefly. Add bouillon cubes and vegetable base. Pulse until completely combined. Stir in onion, celery, oats, and cashews until evenly distributed.
- Form tofu mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook tofu patties until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Instead of patties, you can make into little chicken nuggets, too, or even roll them in bread crumbs and fry them in a little oil. The possibilities seem endless!
- Chicken bouillon may be substituted for vegetable bouillon. Beef-style soup base may be substituted for vegetable base.
- Quick oats may be substituted for rolled oats.
Per Serving: 179 calories; 9.1 19.2 6.8 < 1 90 Full nutrition