Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 278 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread cabbage in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish; sprinkle rice on top.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add onion, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and thyme; cook and stir until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes. Season with sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon beef mixture over rice and cabbage in the baking dish. Break up tomatoes in the can with your hand; pour over beef mixture. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until rice is tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Uncover and arrange American cheese slices over casserole. Let stand until cheese melts and absorbs juices, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese for the American cheese if desired.
Per Serving: 278 calories; 15.7 g fat; 19 g carbohydrates; 16.4 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 691 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1