0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Ebi chili is one of those Japanese dishes which has Chinese influence. It is a shrimp or prawn dish with a sweet and spicy sauce. It's an easy recipe and a favorite bento ingredient for many kids. For this dish I've used fresh prawns, which needed to be cleaned well before cooking. In this recipe, the cooking time is only 3 minutes which makes it a perfect go-to recipe in case of kitchen emergencies."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients23 m servings 145
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Combine shrimp, water, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe bowl; mix well with your hands. Rinse under cold running water. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels; return to the bowl.
- Whisk ketchup, chili bean paste, sake, vinegar, sugar, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a bowl. Mix in scallion, garlic, and ginger.
- Pour ketchup mixture evenly over the shrimp. Cover bowl with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Microwave on 600W power until shrimp turn opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Spread lettuce pieces on a serving plate; pour shrimp on top. Garnish with sprouts.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use frozen shrimps or prawns, just make sure to defrost them before using.
Per Serving: 145 calories; 1.1 10.8 21.5 191 1333 Full nutrition