Sweet Pea Pesto Pasta
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 454
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place peas, spinach, basil, Parmesan, olive oil, walnuts, garlic and salt and pepper in a blender or food processor.
- Two minutes before pasta is done, ladle out 1/2 cup hot pasta cooking water and add to blender. Pulse until smooth, scraping sides and adding additional pasta water by the tablespoon, if needed.
- When pasta is done, drain lightly and return to pot. Add sauce and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese and tomatoes, if desired.
You might also like
- VARIATIONS: To make a main dish, prepare recipe as directed, except:
- Shrimp Add fresh or frozen peeled shrimp, thawed to boiling pasta water 3 minutes before pasta is done. When pink, drain and toss with sauce.
- Chicken Top prepared Sweet Pea Pesto Pasta with chopped cooked chicken before serving.
Per Serving: 454 calories; 14.7 66.4 14.7 4 396 Full nutrition