Ingredients25 m servings 242
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook onion about 10 minutes or until lightly browned and soft, stirring frequently.
- Blend onion, peas, spinach, lemon juice, thyme and 2 cups chicken broth in a blender or food processor until very smooth. Return to same saucepan. Stir in remaining broth. Gently heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cream, if desired. Heat over low heat about 1 minute. DO NOT BOIL. Garnish with garlic croutons, if desired.
- VARIATIONS: Prepare recipe as directed, except:
- For Minted Sweet Pea Soup, use 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves instead of thyme in Step 2.
- For Tuscan Pea Soup, add 1/2 cup fresh basil instead of thyme in Step 2. Garnish with Parmesan cheese with garlic croutons in Step 3.
Per Serving: 242 calories; 11.9 28.7 7.3 40 1571 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is simply amazing. Accidentally I halved the amount of spinach (used frozen) but I still found this very tasty, and will probably continue to make it as such. Also used 4 Tbsp lemon juice.I...
Yes I made it was very delicious and easy believe me when I say easy because I hate , hate cooking or repairing anything to eat. This will be my go soup, fast food, and even a snack.......yes l...