Quick Sweet Pea Soup
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 242 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook onion about 10 minutes or until lightly browned and soft, stirring frequently.
- Blend onion, peas, spinach, lemon juice, thyme and 2 cups chicken broth in a blender or food processor until very smooth. Return to same saucepan. Stir in remaining broth. Gently heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cream, if desired. Heat over low heat about 1 minute. DO NOT BOIL. Garnish with garlic croutons, if desired.
- VARIATIONS: Prepare recipe as directed, except:
- For Minted Sweet Pea Soup, use 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves instead of thyme in Step 2.
- For Tuscan Pea Soup, add 1/2 cup fresh basil instead of thyme in Step 2. Garnish with Parmesan cheese with garlic croutons in Step 3.
Per Serving: 242 calories; 11.9 g fat; 28.7 g carbohydrates; 7.3 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 1571 mg sodium. Full nutrition