Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 240
Original recipe yields 11 servings (11 stuffed vegetables)
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Slice tops off tomatoes and zucchini and reserve. Scoop out the core and flesh; reserve.
- Place the tomato and zucchini flesh, rice, onions, carrots, 5 tablespoons olive oil, mushrooms, parsley, mint, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix stuffing until well combined.
- Spoon stuffing into hollowed-out tomatoes and zucchini; cap with their removed tops. Puncture tops with toothpicks to hold caps in place.
- Arrange stuffed tomatoes and zucchini in a deep casserole dish. Pour in enough warm water to cover the tomato and zucchini. Stir in tomato paste, sugar, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the rice is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
You might also like
Per Serving: 240 calories; 8 38.5 4.6 0 60 Full nutrition