November Harvest Casserole
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 309 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place butternut squash and sweet potatoes cut-side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until softened, about 30 minutes. Cool until easily handled, 5 to 10 minutes. Scoop flesh out of the skins; place in a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in couscous; simmer over medium-high heat until couscous is soft, about 5 minutes. Drain excess water.
- Stir couscous, sausage, green bell pepper, and green onion into the casserole dish. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Cover casserole dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Rice or egg noodles can be substituted for couscous.
- Omit the chicken sausage and you have a great vegetarian dish!
Per Serving: 309 calories; 9.7 g fat; 40.9 g carbohydrates; 17.5 g protein; 61 mg cholesterol; 396 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I liked the recipe, although I felt like it could more creamy. I used this recipe for chicken sausage: : https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-sausage-patties. And I only had quinoa. ...