Sweet Potato and Mushroom Croquettes
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 43 m servings 214
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 croquettes)
- Place red potatoes and sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Add rice, milk, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1/2 teaspoon salt into the pot; mash until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate potato mixture until cool, about 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, garlic, fresh thyme, and fresh marjoram; cook and stir until mushrooms release their moisture and are tender, about 15 minutes. Pour in Madeira wine, scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Place 1/4 cup of the cooled potato mixture in the palm of 1 hand; flatten slightly. Place 1 tablespoon of the mushroom mixture in the center; form potato mixture into a ball around mushroom mixture using the back of a spoon. Repeat with remaining potato and mushroom mixtures.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pepper, dried marjoram, and dried thyme in a shallow dish. Drop potato balls gently into the bread crumb mixture; roll around until coated. Press down to flatten potato balls into patties.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 4 at a time until golden and crispy, about 4 minutes per side.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- These reheat well in the oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Per Serving: 214 calories; 8.7 29.1 4.8 10 300 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1