Crispy Tofu Yums
"I guess this would be my grilled chicken breast alternative. I marinate 2 or 3 pounds of tofu and then cook it up in small batches throughout the week. Crispy tofu yums are all about packing tofu with flavor and then coaxing it to a crispy finish for maximum enjoyment. Enjoy on salads, on sandwiches, with veggies, or just eat 'em!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 2 m servings 141
Original recipe yields 8 servings (2 pounds)
- Place 2 layers of paper towels on a flat work surface; arrange tofu slices on top. Cover tofu slices with a baking sheet. Place cans, jars, or book on top of the baking sheet. Press tofu for 15 minutes. Remove weights and discard accumulated liquid.
- Mix lemon juice, tamari, and garlic together in a bowl.
- Place tofu slices on the baking sheet; pour lemon juice mixture on top. Let tofu marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat; pour in olive oil. Add tofu slices in a single layer. Cover and cook until golden brown on the bottom, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip tofu and continue to cook, covered, until golden brown on the second side, about 5 minutes more. Remove lid and cook uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining tofu.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute soy sauce for tamari if preferred.
- Marinated tofu can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
Per Serving: 141 calories; 9.9 4 12.1 0 508 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1