Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 171
Original recipe yields 6 servings (3 cups quinoa chorizo)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cover quinoa with vegetable broth in an oven-proof saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until quinoa is dry and fluffy, about 15 minutes. Keep covered.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Pour in vegetable oil. Cook and stir onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, annatto paste, vinegar, paprika, oregano, cumin, and chipotle pepper. Cook until mixture is thick and stew-like, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss the mixture with the baked quinoa. Let cool, about 10 minutes. Season with salt.
- Cook's Notes:
- Brown rice, wheat berries or barley can be substituted for the quinoa.
- Keep the grain warm when adding the spices; this allows the grain to absorb the seasoning better. This technique applies to pasta and potato salads as well.
Per Serving: 171 calories; 6.6 23.4 4.9 0 211 Full nutrition