Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 445
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 patties)
- Toast walnuts in a skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until lightly browned and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Crush into fine pieces using a mortar and pestle or food processor.
- Heat olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mash black beans in a large bowl using a fork. Add walnuts, onion, rice, barbeque sauce, cornflake crumbs, brown sugar, chile powder, paprika, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper; stir until mixture is well combined and holds together.
- Shape mixture into 10 patties.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use bread crumbs instead of cornflakes.
- Use vegan barbeque sauce if desired.
Per Serving: 445 calories; 19.6 58.7 11.6 0 726 Full nutrition