Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 130
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat; add lemon zest. Let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Stir pineapple, pineapple juice, and lemon juice into sugar mixture.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl using an electric mixer until stiff. Fold egg whites into sugar-juice mixture.
- Pour mixture into a glass baking dish; place in freezer. Stir thoroughly every half hour; chop through ice as it forms and incorporate egg whites. Continue until frozen to desired consistency, 2 to 4 hours.
- Thaw about 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- To cool sugar mixture quickly, set saucepan in a larger pan or bowl partially filled with ice and water.
- You can use 1/3 cup of pasteurized liquid egg whites in place of fresh egg whites.
Per Serving: 130 calories; 0.1 33.3 1.3 0 17 Full nutrition