Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 130
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat; add lemon zest. Let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Stir pineapple, pineapple juice, and lemon juice into sugar mixture.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl using an electric mixer until stiff. Fold egg whites into sugar-juice mixture.
- Pour mixture into a glass baking dish; place in freezer. Stir thoroughly every half hour; chop through ice as it forms and incorporate egg whites. Continue until frozen to desired consistency, 2 to 4 hours.
- Thaw about 5 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- To cool sugar mixture quickly, set saucepan in a larger pan or bowl partially filled with ice and water.
- You can use 1/3 cup of pasteurized liquid egg whites in place of fresh egg whites.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 130 calories; 0.1 33.3 1.3 0 17 Full nutrition