Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 831
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until simmering, about 1 minute. Add heavy cream. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil; simmer, stirring occasionally, until Alfredo sauce is reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Slowly whisk lemon zest and juice into the Alfredo sauce to avoid curdling. Stir in Parmesan, ricotta, and Romano cheeses until melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in basil, salt, and pepper; cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over the egg noodles.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Juice the rest of the lemon for extra flavor if desired.
- Heavy cream is ideal; or use 2 cups whole milk and cook down. I added a bit of ricotta cheese to enhance creaminess for the milk version.
- You could add in your favorite cooked veggies as well, such as asparagus, baby peas, or zucchini (or serve these on the side).
Per Serving: 831 calories; 67.3 40.1 21.7 262 661 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1