Pulled Pork Chilaquiles
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 840 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Set a cast iron Dutch oven over hot coals. Heat butter until melted. Add onion; cook, stirring often, until soft and deeply browned in parts, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour salsa and chicken stock into the Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Layer in 1/2 of the chips, Cheddar cheese, and pulled pork. Repeat with the remaining chips, Cheddar cheese, and pulled pork (see Cook's Note for recipe link). Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Get the recipe for Citrus-Braised Pork.
- Serve with chopped jalapenos, crumbled cotija cheese, Mexican crema or sour cream, lime wedges, and chopped fresh cilantro. Use a mix of Cheddar cheese, Gruyere, or Monterey Jack as desired.
- Take the Dutch oven off the coals if it starts to get too hot. The residual heat will be enough to melt the cheese.
Per Serving: 840 calories; 48.1 g fat; 51.7 g carbohydrates; 48.9 g protein; 174 mg cholesterol; 1968 mg sodium. Full nutrition