Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 14 m servings 314 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 chicken thighs)
- Season chicken thighs with sea salt and spread ginger slices and green parts of the green onion on top. Arrange each pair of chicken thighs in an even layer in 2 shallow, heatproof bowls.
- Fill a large pot with 4 to 5 inches of water and insert two steam racks inside. Set the bowls on the steam rack and pour 1/4 cup water and coconut juice evenly between the 2 bowls. Cover pot and bring water at the bottom of the pot to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer. Cook chicken breasts until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Combine fish sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, Thai chiles, cilantro stems, garlic, chopped ginger, and palm sugar in a food processor; pulse mixture until well combined. Transfer the sauce mixture into a medium bowl; add green parts of the green onion.
- Heat vegetable oil on a skillet over medium heat until smoking, about 4 minutes; pour oil into the sauce mix.
- Remove the 2 bowls from the pot. Discard ginger and green onion pieces.
- Drain remaining coconut juice liquids, through a sieve, into the sauce mixture. Pour over chicken, and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Cook's Note:
- Use an oven mitt or a dish retriever tool to take the bowls off the steamer racks.
Per Serving: 314 calories; 17.7 g fat; 19.2 g carbohydrates; 19.9 g protein; 69 mg cholesterol; 935 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1