Roasted Pork Belly with Crispy Skin
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients7 h 20 m servings 465 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Pat pork belly dry with paper towels. Score pork belly skin in a crosshatch pattern with a sharp knife.
- Place pork belly skin side-up in a large roasting pan. Pour fish sauce evenly over pork belly. Season with rock salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast pork belly in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Continue baking, basting pork belly with juices every 30 minutes, until very tender, about 4 hours.
- Remove aluminum foil and turn on the oven's broiler. Broil pork belly until skin is crisp, about 30 minutes. Remove pork belly from oven. Let rest for 30 minutes. Slice off the bone.
- Mix shallots, soy sauce, calamansi juice, sinamak, and chile peppers in a bowl to make dipping sauce. Serve slices of pork belly with dipping sauce.
Per Serving: 465 calories; 33.9 g fat; 6.8 g carbohydrates; 31.5 g protein; 89 mg cholesterol; 4002 mg sodium. Full nutrition