Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 4 m servings 554
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place 4 chopped roma tomatoes and arbol chiles in a saucepan. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Transfer cooled tomatoes and chiles to a blender or food processor. Add 1/2 of the cooking water, 1/2 chopped onion, cilantro, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1 clove minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Pulse 6 to 8 times to chop ingredients. Transfer mixture to a bowl; stir in 1/2 of the shredded cabbage. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 chopped onion; cook and stir until beginning to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in 2 cloves minced garlic and 2 diced tomatoes; cook 1 more minute. Add shrimp and 1 tablespoon oregano; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup shredded cabbage, jalapeno pepper, salt, and ground black pepper. Cook and stir until shrimp turns opaque, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Heat oil in large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place 3 tablespoons of the shrimp mixture in the center of each tortilla. Fold in half. Place filled tortillas in hot oil, working in batches if needed. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Turn carefully with tongs. Brown the other side, about 3 minutes more. Transfer cooked tacos to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Top with cabbage salsa and a slice of avocado.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 554 calories; 19.4 62.9 31 173 357 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These were excellent! I forgot the avocado in the picture but I made as written and wouldn't change a thing. I have made a lot of fresh salsa but there was something about this one that really i...