Fried Shrimp to Die For
Ingredients2 h 33 m servings 467
- Insert a knife 3/4 of the way below the head of 1 shrimp and cut down the center of the shrimp's back to the tail. Open shrimp with your fingers so it lies flat. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Pour flour onto a shallow plate. Whisk eggs and water together in a small bowl to make egg wash.
- Place saltine crackers in a large resealable bag. Crush into fine crumbs using a rolling pin. Pour crumbs onto a plate.
- Coat each shrimp with flour. Dip in egg wash; roll in cracker crumbs on both sides. Transfer to a large plate. Refrigerate shrimp for 2 hours.
- Heat 1 inch vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Cook's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 467 calories; 14 54.4 28.7 266 963 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Excellent! There isn't any seasoning which allows the flavour of the shrimp to shine. I cut the recipe back to 1 portion, I'm the only one that will eat shrimp that isn't grilled. I used unsalte...
Honestly, Tina, I thought you were exaggerating. But my husband said it was the best fried shrimp he'd ever eaten, and I agreed with him! He told me to hang on to this recipe. I did add a das...
Love this recipe but i added a tsp of tony chacheres to the flour and i used ritz crackers in place of the saltines, oh and i almost forgot i also marinated the shrimp in some Louisiana hot sauc...