Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 211 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 turnovers)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and scallions; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir brown rice, sour cream, dill, salt, and pepper into the mushroom mixture in the bowl.
- Unfold 1 puff pastry sheet onto an ungreased baking sheet. Spread mushroom mixture evenly on top, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. Lay the second puff pastry sheet on top. Seal edges by pressing together with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is puffed up and golden brown on top, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly before serving, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe makes either 4 main course servings or 16 appetizers.
- If you don't have scallions on hand, a few tablespoons of chopped onion may be used.
- Substitute white rice for the brown rice if preferred.
Per Serving: 211 calories; 14.1 g fat; 18.1 g carbohydrates; 3.7 g protein; 5 mg cholesterol; 233 mg sodium. Full nutrition