Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 698
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat heavy cream, half-and-half, honey, and lavender flowers in a heavy 2-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally, until cream just starts to bubble. Remove from heat and cover; let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain cream mixture into a bowl using a fine-mesh sieve. Discard lavender flowers. Clean saucepan and pour strained cream mixture back in. Heat over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and salt together in a bowl. Whisk in 1 cup hot cream in a slow stream.
- Pour egg mixture into the remaining hot cream in the saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until custard coats the back of the spoon and reads 175 degrees F (80 degrees C) on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes.
- Pour custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Let cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Chill, covered, for at least 3 hours.
- Freeze custard in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and place in the freezer to firm up.
You might also like
Per Serving: 698 calories; 53.5 52.9 7.6 278 181 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The consistency was absolutely perfect, and the recipe is easy enough for a first time ice cream maker like myself. I used fresh lavender instead of dried though - for anyone else who decides to...