Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 770
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place rice in a bowl; cover with warm water.
- Slice onion in a food processor fitted with the slicing disk. Transfer to a bowl. Slice carrots using the same blade.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch saucepan over medium heat. Cook chicken in the hot oil until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Add carrots; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir dried cherries, cumin, coriander, garlic, and salt into the saucepan. Press down with a spatula to flatten chicken mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the saucepan.
- Drain rice and place over chicken mixture in an even layer. Pour in 3 cups water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If using frozen chicken tenders, thaw them first.
- If cutting by hand instead of in a food processor, cut onion into matchstick-sized pieces. Slice carrots into thin rounds.
Per Serving: 770 calories; 30.6 100.7 21.1 31 678 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1