Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients16 m servings 279
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Whisk mayonnaise, chipotle powder, and lime juice together in a mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed for serving.
- Whisk egg white, ice water, and salt together in a large mixing bowl until mixture is light and foamy, 1 or 2 minutes. Add cornstarch and flour; whisk together until thoroughly mixed. Batter should resemble a thin pancake batter. Stir in corn.
- Heat 1/2 inch vegetable oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a seasoned cast iron skillet. Spoon about 2 large spoonfuls of batter into oil for each fritter. Do not crowd, cook in batches, if necessary. Fry until browned and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Turn fritters carefully to avoid spattering the oil. Drain on paper-towel-lined plate.
- Serve topped with fresh Dungeness crab and drizzle with the chipotle dressing. Serve with a wedge of lime.
- Chef's Notes:
- You may need to add a little more water if batter seems too thick, or cornstarch/flour if it seems too thin. The batter should be like a thin pancake batter, fairly thin but not watery.
- Cook these in a seasoned cast iron skillet. These fritters will stick in a regular stainless steel pan.
Per Serving: 279 calories; 19.2 19.8 8.8 27 447 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Amazing. Loved the freshness of the corn and crab as well as the spiciness of the sauce. May double the recipe to have extras the next time.