Ingredients16 m servings 279
- Whisk mayonnaise, chipotle powder, and lime juice together in a mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed for serving.
- Whisk egg white, ice water, and salt together in a large mixing bowl until mixture is light and foamy, 1 or 2 minutes. Add cornstarch and flour; whisk together until thoroughly mixed. Batter should resemble a thin pancake batter. Stir in corn.
- Heat 1/2 inch vegetable oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a seasoned cast iron skillet. Spoon about 2 large spoonfuls of batter into oil for each fritter. Do not crowd, cook in batches, if necessary. Fry until browned and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Turn fritters carefully to avoid spattering the oil. Drain on paper-towel-lined plate.
- Serve topped with fresh Dungeness crab and drizzle with the chipotle dressing. Serve with a wedge of lime.
- Chef's Notes:
- You may need to add a little more water if batter seems too thick, or cornstarch/flour if it seems too thin. The batter should be like a thin pancake batter, fairly thin but not watery.
- Cook these in a seasoned cast iron skillet. These fritters will stick in a regular stainless steel pan.
Per Serving: 279 calories; 19.2 19.8 8.8 27 447 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Amazing. Loved the freshness of the corn and crab as well as the spiciness of the sauce. May double the recipe to have extras the next time.
I loved this dish. Easy and love the heat and flavor of dish. Being from Texas...my only change would be to add some extra heat, like garnishing with some thinly sliced seeded Habanero pepper.