Gluten-Free Strawberry Rhubarb Bread
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Dense, moist, sweet, and tender quick bread loaded with rhubarb and strawberries. This recipe originated in the strawberry beds while picking those gold-speckled ruby and wine-colored sweet spring fruits. The rhubarb is planted alongside the beds and its red and green stalks were begging to be harvested. The two combined are visually beautiful, fragrant and delicious."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 339
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 loaves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 loaf pans evenly with butter.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Pour in vegetable oil; beat until fluffy. Fold in strawberries, strawberry puree, rhubarb puree, and rhubarb gently.
- Mix brown rice flour, tapioca starch, garbanzo-fava bean flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt together in a separate bowl. Fold into the strawberry-rhubarb mixture until thoroughly blended. Add walnuts and vanilla extract to the batter.
- Divide batter between the greased loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute strawberry and rhubarb purees with 2 cups strawberry-rhubarb jam if preferred. Just decrease sugar to 1/2 cup.
- Substitute melted butter for the oil if desired.
- Substitute guar gum for the xanthan gum if preferred.
Per Serving: 339 calories; 15.6 45.9 6.1 52 342 Full nutrition