Appeltaart (Dutch Apple Tart)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 433
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch tart)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- Combine flour, butter, 1 1/2 egg, 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a large bowl. Knead by hand to form a smooth, consistent dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll out 3/4 of the dough into a 10-inch circle; press over the bottom and sides of the prepared cake pan.
- Mix apples, sultanas, 1/4 cup white sugar, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon together in a bowl. Spread over the dough in the cake pan.
- Roll out remaining dough into a circle; cut into strips about 1/3-inch wide. Form an X in the center of the tart with the 2 longest strips. Create a lattice by weaving vertical and horizontal strips in an over-and-under pattern, using the shortest strips for the edges. Press ends of the strips firmly to the edge of the tart; trim excess dough with a knife.
- Brush remaining beaten egg over the dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is light brown, 60 to 65 minutes.
Per Serving: 433 calories; 19.1 63.4 5.5 92 147 Full nutrition