Ingredients1 h 7 m servings 815
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook and stir using a wooden spoon until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Mix in chili powder and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in chicken stock, tomato paste, oregano, cumin, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer enchilada sauce until thickened and smooth, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat the inside of a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Heat olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, green chiles, and green bell pepper until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Mix in ground beef and black beans. Stir in 1/2 of the enchilada sauce; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly onto the center of each tortilla and roll tortilla around filling. Place tortillas, seam-side down, in the baking dish. Cover tortillas with remaining enchilada sauce and Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 815 calories; 44.5 62.2 48.7 113 2560 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
These turned out really good. A little heavy on the tomato paste flavor but still good. I will double the spices next time but other than that I wouldn't change anything.
These came out really good my son asked me to make them again.. this is the first Enchilada recipe I found that didn’t use milk or cream of some sort as I am lactose intolerant the only changed ...
This recipe was excellent, I did not change any of the ingredients. Dressed it with Guacamole and Sour Cream. Thanks for sharing!
These were good, would have liked more sauce and a little bit more spice.
My husband loved it and I could tweak it to make it vegetarian for me!
Really good! I made these yesterday. Left out the chilis because I didn't have any but added more chili powder and some hot sauce. Used about 4 oz of shredded jack cheese and cheddar on top. Del...
Will make again. They seemed sweeter than I expected. Maybe the tomato paste in the sauce? Very tasty though! And filling!!