Ingredients14 h 25 m servings 1015
- Combine beef roast, tequila, jalapeno peppers, and garlic in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low until tender, 12 to 18 hours.
- Shred beef using 2 forks; let it cool, about 30 minutes. Transfer shredded beef to a plate using a slotted spoon, reserving cooking liquid in the slow cooker.
- Pour reserved cooking liquid into a large pot; stir in rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix black beans, refried beans, and 1 can green chile peppers together in a bowl.
- Mix spicy enchilada sauce, mild enchilada sauce, and tomato paste together in a bowl until smooth. Spread a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a deep baking dish.
- Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture, 1/4 cup rice, 1/2 cup shredded beef, 1 tablespoon sauce, and 2 tablespoons Mexican cheese blend over 1 tortilla. Roll up tortilla and place seam side-down in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients until baking pan is full.
- Cover tortillas with a thick layer of sauce and remaining cheese. Spread remaining 1 can green chile peppers over cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubby and golden brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Per Serving: 1015 calories; 34.5 103.7 40 82 2272 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Very tasty meat! This recipe makes lots of enchiladas and I froze a portion of them--hope that works out well. I would agree with other reviewer that the amount of rice is too much, otherwise ra...
These enchiladas are very good. The meat turns out simply scrumptious (I used beef and chicken). All together, it is rather labor-intensive but definitely worth the work. With all the ingredien...