Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients14 h 25 m servings 1015 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine beef roast, tequila, jalapeno peppers, and garlic in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low until tender, 12 to 18 hours.
- Shred beef using 2 forks; let it cool, about 30 minutes. Transfer shredded beef to a plate using a slotted spoon, reserving cooking liquid in the slow cooker.
- Pour reserved cooking liquid into a large pot; stir in rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix black beans, refried beans, and 1 can green chile peppers together in a bowl.
- Mix spicy enchilada sauce, mild enchilada sauce, and tomato paste together in a bowl until smooth. Spread a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a deep baking dish.
- Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture, 1/4 cup rice, 1/2 cup shredded beef, 1 tablespoon sauce, and 2 tablespoons Mexican cheese blend over 1 tortilla. Roll up tortilla and place seam side-down in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients until baking pan is full.
- Cover tortillas with a thick layer of sauce and remaining cheese. Spread remaining 1 can green chile peppers over cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubby and golden brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Per Serving: 1015 calories; 34.5 g fat; 103.7 g carbohydrates; 40 g protein; 82 mg cholesterol; 2272 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These enchiladas are very good. The meat turns out simply scrumptious (I used beef and chicken). All together, it is rather labor-intensive but definitely worth the work. With all the ingredien...