Carne Asada Enchiladas
Ingredients7 h 33 m servings 515
- Season chuck steaks on both sides with chili powder, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chuck steaks in the hot oil in batches until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil in the same skillet. Add 2 green onions and garlic; cook and stir until browned but not burnt, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; chop garlic coarsely and return to the skillet.
- Whisk tequila, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, and ginger together in a bowl. Mash in kiwi using a fork. Stir in green onion-garlic mixture and chipotle sauce. Pour over chuck steaks in the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until steaks are fork-tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- Transfer chuck steaks to a cutting board; shred with 2 forks. Mix in 2 raw green onions.
- Pour cooking liquid from the slow cooker into the skillet. Simmer over medium heat until reduced and thickened into a sauce, about 10 minutes. Stir in shredded steak; simmer until most of the sauce is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1/4 of the pasilla chile sauce.
- Spoon shredded steak mixture into tortillas. Wrap up and place seam-side down, close together, in the baking dish. Pour remaining pasilla chile sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and chives on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Flour tortillas are much easier to wrap than corn tortillas.
Per Serving: 515 calories; 26.9 30.9 28.8 79 631 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
EXCELLENT! We actually had enough filling to make 9 enchiladas. The whole family loved them!
I did not like this recipe. With all of the fruit you include it was way too sweet. I won’t be making it again.
I added refried beans to the tortillas and rotel to the meat in the crockpot. Overall it was really yummy!
Delicioso! Used casaba tortillas. Did not use tequila, but was still yummy!!!