Simple Banoffee Pie
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I tried three different banoffee pie recipes I found online and in a recipe book. So I've made my own version of the banoffee pie using the basis of the recipes I have found and added a bit of a twist! My partner and friends love this and I hope you will too."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 h 25 m servings 661
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Immerse the can of sweetened condensed milk in a pot of boiling water. Simmer, ensuring the can is fully covered with water, until caramelized, 2 to 3 hours. Remove the can from the boiling water using tongs and let cool, 8 hours to overnight.
- Mix digestive biscuits with 1/2 cup plus 2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter in a bowl. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate crust until firm.
- Beat heavy cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Mix caramelized condensed milk and bananas together in a bowl. Pour over the crust. Sprinkle instant coffee over banana mixture. Spread whipped cream on top.
- Cook's Notes:
- Make sure the can of condensed milk is always immersed with water, or it will explode.
- I suggest using a springform or loose-bottomed cake tin. If not, line your tin with parchment so it will be easier to lift the whole pie out without breaking it.
- To assemble the pie, you can also layer the whipped cream, instant coffee, bananas, and toffee in 2 or 3 layers. You can also decorate the top of the pie with grated chocolate.
Per Serving: 661 calories; 42.6 64.6 8.1 108 530 Full nutrition