Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 356
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and line a round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir vanilla extract into creamed butter mixture.
- Sift flour and baking powder into creamed butter mixture and stir until batter is well mixed. Spoon batter into the prepared cake pan, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Cool cake in the cake pan for 10 to 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Note:
- Bake for an extra 15 minutes if you would prefer a more golden brown finish.
Per Serving: 356 calories; 19.4 40.2 5.4 116 241 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
1 hour 15 minutes is waaaaaaay too long to bake this cake. I got nervous and pulled the plug at 1 hour and it was rock hard and completely inedible.
1h15 was too long for the bake. Mine was done after 45min, and even then was a little overbaked. Nice, light recipe. Next time, I’d add some citrus and replace the vanilla. A lovely light cak...