Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 185 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place a muffin tin in the preheated oven.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Gradually whisk 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, a small amount at a time, into egg mixture until batter is smooth. Let rest 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove muffin tin from oven and add lard to 6 muffin cups, about 1 teaspoon per muffin cup. Return to the oven.
- Whisk batter again until small bubbles form on the surface. Carefully remove muffin tin from oven and ladle batter into greased muffin cups, filling almost to the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puddings are risen and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Vegetable fat can be used in place of the lard, if desired.
- Ensure there is sufficient room between racks inside the oven to allow the puddings to rise. I have 2 racks in my oven, so I tend to remove 1.
Per Serving: 185 calories; 8.1 g fat; 19.7 g carbohydrates; 7.7 g protein; 129 mg cholesterol; 89 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1