Salame di Cioccolato con Nutella® (Italian Chocolate Salami)
2 made it | 0 reviews |
"Salame di cioccolato or chocolate 'salami' is a very popular Italian dessert made out of tea biscuits, cocoa and butter. Loved by kids and adults alike, it's a no-bake treat and fun to make with the children. With the addition of Nutella® in this chocolate salami recipe, it's sure to be a hit."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 352
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix tea biscuits, butter, egg, cocoa powder, and white sugar together in a bowl to form a moist but stiff dough. Stir in chocolate-hazelnut spread.
- Transfer dough to a large piece of parchment paper. Shape into a log with your hands. Wrap parchment paper around the log, twisting ends shut.
- Chill until firm, 2 hours in the freezer or 5 hours in the refrigerator. Cut into slices with a sharp knife.
- Cook's Note:
- A great variety of tea biscuits would work well here, from common rich tea, digestives, or shortbread to Petit Beurre or Nice biscuits. Gluten-free biscuits could also be used for a wheat-free treat.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 352 calories; 22.1 37.1 4.6 72 254 Full nutrition