Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients42 m servings 467
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat; add onion, green bell peppers, and garlic. Cook and stir until onion and bell peppers are tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix hominy, diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, vegetable broth, enchilada sauce, black beans, kidney beans, green chile peppers, and olives into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until flavors combine, about 20 minutes. Season soup with salt.
- Place tortilla chips into serving bowls and top with soup. Garnish each bowl with sour cream and Mexican cheese blend.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you would like, you can also add chicken in Step 1.
- Red bell peppers and/or yellow bell peppers can be used in place of the green bell peppers.
Per Serving: 467 calories; 18 65.7 14 7 2040 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I cut this recipe in half and used a combo of red and green bell pepper. I don't think the addition of the chopped green chilies is necessary. There is plenty in the "Rotel". The recipe calls f...