Ingredients3 h 29 m servings 564
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Watch Now
- Mix cake mix, water, eggs, and oil together in a bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared dish. Watch Now
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 29 to 34 minutes. Cool cake for at least 30 minutes. Watch Now
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, 1/3 cup coffee-flavored liqueur, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, espresso powder, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt together in a bowl until drizzle is smooth. Watch Now
- Poke holes into cake using the large end of a chopstick or a similar tool. Pour poke drizzle over entire cake, smoothing with a spatula and ensuring the drizzle goes into the holes. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Watch Now
- Beat egg yolks and white sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until very light yellow and stiff. Add cream cheese, 3 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; mix well. Watch Now
- Beat heavy whipping cream in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form; gently fold into egg yolk mixture until topping is just mixed. Pour topping over cooled cake, smoothing well. Dust with 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder. Cover and refrigerate. Watch Now
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making the cake are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 564 calories; 29.8 61.8 8.7 174 491 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Very good and moist I use strong coffee in place of the liquor and regular salt instead of course salt.
Delicious! I love the soft, moist cake so much better than the ladyfingers. This was delicious and a huge hit at a dinner party!
Love this recipe. Rave reviews. I've made it three times now, first two times used white cake mix and strong coffee and instant coffee powder respectively, as I couldn't find the Espresso Pow...
Made this for Father's Day dinner, hubby loved it and told me that I should make this again. Only change I made was I used Cool whip instead of the whipping cream, easier and less calories. A de...
Made with Angel Food Cake and made a layer cake. Used Marscapone cheese filling for frosting. DELICIOUS!! And I just stumbled on recipe too
Made this for kids and grandkids when home for Mothers' Day. Everyone liked it. Please note this recipe has uncooked egg yolk.
Made this for my birthday. I placed the egg yolks over a double boiler as I mixed them with the sugar as directed, I was worried about eating uncooked eggs. The topping was soft because of coo...