Ingredients29 m servings 1111 cals
- Whisk sour cream, jalapeno peppers, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, jalapeno pepper juice, garlic, and salt together in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add carnitas. Cook, without moving carnitas until crisp and browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is browned and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Mix pepperjack cheese and 1 cup Cheddar cheese together in a bowl.
- Lay 4 bread slices on a work surface; spread sour cream mixture onto each slice. Sprinkle cheese mixture over each bread slice and layer carnitas, avocado, cilantro, and more cheese mixture onto each bread slice. Top with another bread slice, making a sandwich. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise onto the top bread slice of each sandwich and press 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese onto mayonnaise layer.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-low heat; add sandwiches, cheese-side down. While sandwiches are cooking, top each with a layer of mayonnaise and Cheddar cheese. Cook sandwich until golden brown and cheese is softly melted, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Per Serving: 1111 calories; 76.4 g fat; 51.3 g carbohydrates; 55 g protein; 197 mg cholesterol; 2246 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I had some random carnitas in my freezer and not a big pork fan. I was looking for a fun recipe that wasn't the traditional tacos and this wowed my tastebuds! kids didn't like it, but me and hub...
This deserves the Nobel Prize for grilled cheese sandwiches. Pure genius! Thank you for the awesome recipe.
Great sandwich with great flavors however I probably won't make it again. Wondering why? My carnitas go in tacos.
This was really good...we used some fresh bakery buns, cheddar and mexican blend cheeses we had on hand. Next time I will get pepperjack for more spice. I hope we cut a few calories with low f...
I loved this! I didn't even have an avocado, but this sandwich was awesome! I had to use regular wheat bread, but it was still awesome. I made this for myself when my husband wasn't home, and I ...
These sandwiches were very tasty, rich and filling. I made only two, using Simple Carnitas by Ken from CA from this site. The list of ingredients was pretty much right on the mark, but I found...