Ingredients44 m servings 447 cals
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place a cast iron skillet in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Whisk 3 eggs together in a bowl until well blended and frothy. Add milk and 2 tablespoons melted butter; mix well. Stir in flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and blend until batter is smooth.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in the hot skillet and swirl until bottom is evenly coated and butter is melted. Pour batter into the skillet and place immediately in the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are brown and pancake is inflated, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; crack 4 eggs into skillet. Cook until desired doneness is reached, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Mix ricotta cheese, salt, and pepper, together in a bowl.
- Cut pancake into 4 pieces and top each with a fried egg, ham, ricotta cheese, and Parmesan shavings.
Per Serving: 447 calories; 31.3 g fat; 16.5 g carbohydrates; 24.6 g protein; 382 mg cholesterol; 1008 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
DIRECTIONS TOO SCANTY FOR A BEGINNING COOK. I love Dutch Babies and they are so easy to make. However, I am usually at a loss as to what to fill them with. This recipe is the perfect solution. ...
Did not have whole milk but substituted cream. Turned out very good.
I made this because the other reviewer couldn't understand the recipe and it looked good. I had no problem with it and it was delicious!
Worked great , just follow the directions! We added some sauteed mushrooms and onions to ours. Very good!