Wonderful Almond Fingers
Ingredients40 m servings 72
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together unsalted butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and egg yolk one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into the sugar mixture until smoothly blended. Fill a large pastry bag fitted with a 3/4 inch round tip. A large freezer storage bag with one of the corners snipped off will also work.
- Pipe dough into 2 inch long logs using a side to side squiggle motion. Space cookies at least 2 inches apart. Place cookie sheets with cookies into the freezer for a couple of minutes to harden.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In the microwave or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt chocolate and 2 tablespoons of butter, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the milk. Dip both ends of the cooled cookies into the chocolate and place them onto waxed paper to set.
Per Serving: 72 calories; 4.5 7.6 0.7 16 20 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I was looking for a quick cookie recipe using ingredients I had around the house, and these were very quick and wonderful. Didn't have almond extract so I used lemon, and they were so light and...
I followed this recipe, also, and I too, had them melt out of shape. I added another 1/2 cup of flour (or so, to the right feel) and pressed them again with better results. They are a VERY TAS...
I followed this recipe to the tee and it turned out as such a disappointment. It didn't hold shape at all and were really mishapen. I was ashamed to serve them for dessert but they were tasty. I...