Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients26 m servings 309
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Mix 1/3 cup mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 tablespoon pesto, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl to make dipping sauce. Place in the refrigerator.
- Combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise, egg, 2 tablespoons pesto, and garlic in a large bowl. Stir in bread crumbs and red onion. Mix in chicken until thoroughly combined. Form mixture into balls; press into 1/2-inch cakes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken cakes to the oil in a single layer; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken cakes.
- Serve chicken cakes with dipping sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute full-fat plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream if desired.
- This is a very flexible recipe. You can skip the pesto and use your own sauce mixture. I've used seasoned tomato paste (in a tube) in place of the pesto, added cheese, and served with marinara sauce for a chicken parm cake.
- Triple the recipe and it makes a lot of hors d'oeuvres for a larger crowd. You can prep them, freeze them, and thaw a day ahead of the event as well.
Per Serving: 309 calories; 22.4 10.9 15.6 73 251 Full nutrition