Braised Lamb Shanks with Butternut Squash Puree
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 54 m servings 620
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil in a large oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. Season lamb shanks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Stir onion, carrots, and celery into the pan. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, garlic, 2 teaspoons thyme, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and basil. Pour in chicken broth and wine; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cover.
- Place covered pan in the preheated oven; bake until lamb shanks are tender, about 6 hours. Check level of liquid every 2 hours, adding more chicken broth or red wine if too much evaporates.
- Place butternut squash in a large pot of water with 1 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Stir 2 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary. Mash with a fork until smooth. Reheat over medium heat before serving with lamb shanks.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute beef broth for the chicken broth, or use a combination.
Per Serving: 620 calories; 30.6 47.9 31.9 124 2177 Full nutrition