The Best Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
Ingredients1 d 3 h 5 m servings 1128
- Split 1 vanilla bean lengthwise with the tip of a sharp knife. Holding the pod open, scrape seeds from each half using the flat side of your knife; place in a bowl. Repeat with second vanilla bean, placing seeds in a separate bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 white sugar together in a bowl. Press over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine 2 packages cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup white sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl; mix until sugar is dissolved. Add seeds from 1 vanilla bean, softened butter, and vanilla extract; blend until smooth. Pour over graham cracker crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is a light tan color, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 1 to 2 hours.
- Beat 2 cups heavy cream in a chilled bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until cream is stiff. Place in the refrigerator.
- Melt white chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Remove from heat and let cool, about 5 minutes.
- Beat 1 package cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in white chocolate until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over the cooled cheesecake. Chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Beat 1 cup heavy cream in a chilled bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in seeds from the second vanilla bean and 1 1/2 tablespoon confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over cheesecake. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 day.
- Cook's Note:
- You can make your own graham cracker crust but I prefer to buy the Keebler® mix, and you get multiple crusts from the box. I also buy my vanilla beans online because they are about $8 to $10 at the store for just two. So if you like the recipe and you want to make it more than once I suggest you get your beans online.
Per Serving: 1128 calories; 89.2 74.7 11.8 261 478 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
excellent ...took more like an hour and a half to cook it though
one of my FAV ?? cheesecakes to make. you definitely will impress wirh this recipe. When making the mousse blend the cream cheese, some of the confectioner's sugar and white chocolate together f...