Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 635
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place asparagus spears in a saucepan; mash with a fork. Pour in cream. Bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes. Cover and keep warm.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a solid, level surface; firmly pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour flour into a large, flat dish. Beat eggs thoroughly in a shallow bowl. Pour bread crumbs into another large, flat dish.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in flour, dip in beaten eggs, and coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook breaded chicken in batches until golden brown and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Serve with asparagus cream sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Chicken can be grilled instead of breaded and pan-fried.
- Cook chicken schnitzel in butter instead of oil if preferred.
Per Serving: 635 calories; 37.4 49 26.2 166 626 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I have fresh asparagus in my garden right now and used it instead of can. I simply boiled it in water until it was soft and mushy like canned and then went from there. This turned out pretty goo...