Eight Treasure Rice Pudding
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Sticky rice is layered with pineapple, dates, toasted nuts, and bean paste in this traditional Chinese eight treasure rice pudding recipe."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 32 m servings 269
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Rinse and soak rice in a bowl of water for 50 minutes. Drain well and transfer rice to a rice cooker; add 2 cups water.
- Cook rice according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Transfer cooked rice to a large bowl and cool for 2 minutes. Stir in sugar and butter.
- Rinse and soak dates in a bowl of warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and slice dates in half and remove pits.
- Mix red bean paste and walnuts together in a bowl.
- Lightly oil a shallow bowl with vegetable oil. Place pineapple ring in the bottom and fill with pumpkin seeds and peanuts. Arrange dates and mandarin oranges around the pineapple ring, creating a sunshine pattern. Spoon 1/2 of the rice into the bowl and flatten. Spread red bean paste mixture evenly on top. Fill the bowl with the remaining rice and flatten.
- Place bowl in a steamer, cover, and steam over medium-high heat for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the rice. Place a plate over the top, flip over, and remove bowl.
Per Serving: 269 calories; 4.9 51.8 5.1 4 25 Full nutrition