Ham & Cheese Turnover
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 506 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Thaw frozen phyllo for about 1 hour before beginning, leaving wrapped tightly in packaging to avoid drying out.
- In heavy-bottomed sauce pot, heat butter until melted and then whisk in flour. Continue whisking until mixture has completely homogenized; then stir in milk. Continue whisking to incorporate completely and remove any lumps.
- Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring continuously, until milk has thickened. Add salt and pepper.
- Fold in ham, cheese and onions and allow to cool slightly.
- Working quickly, spray and lay out 3 sheets of phyllo. Keep all phyllo not actively being used wrapped tightly to avoid drying out. Cut phyllo into thirds the long way, making 3 long strips.
- Place about 1 Tbsp. filling about 1 inch from corner of each strip. Fold diagonally across to form a triangle; continue to fold triangle onto itself. Repeat until all filling is used up. Spray outside of each tart and place on baking sheet, with at least an inch between them.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
Per Serving: 506 calories; 20.9 g fat; 51.6 g carbohydrates; 25.5 g protein; 82 mg cholesterol; 1511 mg sodium. Full nutrition